The aim of a presentation outline is to help students to achieve fluency in public speaking. Every student must hand in an outline to the teacher before giving her/his presentation. The outline must be printed on one page (A4 size page) and must contain the student number, the name of the student in English and in Chinese, title of the topic, and the basic points of the presentation. The font size should be either Times New Roman 12 or Arial 10. Below is a sample of an outline. Please write your own outline according to this sample.
Student ID number:
First name and last name:
Date of presentation:
Topic: History of the English Language
1. Five events that shaped the English language (brief introduction)
2. Celts and the Anglo-Saxon settlement
3. The Scandinavian settlements
4. Enormous changes in the English language after 1066
5. Standardization of English
6. Colonization and globalization
7. Old English and Anglo-Saxon
8. The Modern World and the Global English
9. The future of English (a few interesting facts)
Reflection on the past, the present and the future of English.
You will find useful oral presentation materials for English teachers if you click HERE...